Friday 10 December 2021

A special anniversary - eleven years in Australia


As we approach the end of the year, it’s a time of reflection. A time of taking stock and planning for the time ahead. I am reminded once again of the anniversary of my arrival in Australia now it’s eleven years since I landed at Brisbane airport to start a new life. 


And what a life it’s been. In July, six months later I moved into my own home and started teaching in my studio. Thanks to the wonderful support from loyal students I have been able to  earn a comfortable living and as a bonus make really good friends along the way. 


My home with its little garden has been a comfortable haven. When I moved in the garden had nothing but vigorous weeds and a few tall trees. With the help of my son in law, Craig, the garden was transformed into a lush haven, the water feature encouraging local birds to come for a drink or bath. 




Eleven years ago - the garden in the process of construction. 


My colourful visitors 

Recently, I gave the front garden some attention adding a bed of bromeliads and Agaves. The struggling lawn was given a makeover with Sir Walter grass, now it’s green and soft underfoot. The perfect spot for my early morning coffee. 






No comments:

Post a Comment