Tuesday 7 December 2021

A belated Inktober review


I realised that it’s been two months since I half heartedly started this blog post - so maybe the time has come to inject a little enthusiasm into my blog writing. I’m trying a new writing app called Craft so perhaps the challenge of mastering a new tool will get me going.


Once again I have taken part in the annual Inktober challenge. I have mixed feelings about challenges - I enjoy the sense of achievement that comes form keeping up and doing something every day, but part of the process of working to a set of prompts is really frustrating. Some prompts just do not inspire me so. Some years I have dispensed with following them and gone off on my own personal tangent, being content with doing an ink drawing every day.


This year, the Sktchy app, now called Museum publish a set of images for each prompt. This didn’t help me very much since quite a few of the images just didn’t appeal to me. In the end my Inktober drawings have been a mixture of following a prompt and then simply doing a portrait using a muse from Sktchy. (I can’t get used to the new name!)



So without any further procrastination here are most of the drawings. I’ve used a number of different pens - ballpoint, fountain pens, and coloured ink.







No comments:

Post a Comment