Monday 1 February 2021

Drawing every day

Last year I watched as Debbie Mackinnon started a project to draw every day. She kept to this resolve. Every. Single. Day. 366 days. A remarkable achievement indeed. 
She has just had a successful exhibition at Incinerator Gallery in Sydney showcasing the results. 
These drawing prompted me to follow her example this year. 

So we are one month down in 2021 and I have 31 drawings done. I decided at the outset that I would start small and do a very quick drawing every day. Apart from a couple of days when I got sidetracked with re-opening the Studio, I kept to the schedule. (I have since made up the days missed!)

I used a relatively small sketchbook 19cm x 19cm so that I could do something easy and undemanding. Deciding that done was better than perfect.
The small format is somewhat restrictive so I foresee that I will branch out and experiment with larger paper and a use variety of media.











No comments:

Post a Comment