Wednesday 27 December 2017

A portrait commission delivered

The last days before I left for my holiday to visit family were rather frantic. This time it was a little more crazy. A dear school friend asked me to paint a portrait of her grandson - and please could I bring it with me to South Africa! 

Fortunately the portrait fairies were on my side and the portrait was completed without too many hassles. Since the painting, in oils, was still wet I needed to construct a box that would allow it to be transported safely in my suitcase. 

The portrait has now been delivered and I’m pleased to say my friend is delighted with the painting. 



James - oil on linen panel 12” x 10” 

I hope that you have enjoyed the holiday festivities. 

I’m off to the mountains for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment