Wednesday 25 February 2015

Inspiration from Cedar Pocket

I have been busy in my studio painting for a number of exhibitions coming up soon. These entry dates never fail to take me by surprise when the beginning of the year rolls around. 

Every year I make promises to myself to start early. In fact I resolve to plan during the year for these shows. This never happens because there's always something else to work on especially when there are commissions to be painted. Oh well - it's good to be busy.

This large work was inspired by a trip up to Cedar Pocket last year. I took loads of photos and this painting is a combination of a few. I love to re-invent reality, taking a bit from this one and another bit from that. This way I have the freedom to change the colours, to edit and alter rather than slavishly work from only one reference. 

Here's a sneak peek of the work in progress. The painting measures 1200mm x 915mm.

You'll have to wait a bit for the finished painting...


WIP Detail - Cedar Pocket Inspiration - oil on linen ©  2015 Carol Lee Beckx


No comments:

Post a Comment