Monday 3 September 2018

Nundah Village Art Show at Honda Northside Nundah

The Nundah Village Art Show opens this Saturday. It will be held at Honda Northside, 1329 Sandgate Road, Nundah. The exhibition is accompanied by the annual Nundah Village Street Festival. This show includes a wide range of high quality artwork from local artists and I’m delighted to be exhibiting four paintings. All paintings are for sale.


There are two landscapes,and both are nostalgic in that they recapture my love for the Drakensberg Mountains in South Africa, rekindled by my visit in December.


Afternoon Light, Drakensberg - oil on canvas 900 mm x 900 mm


Escarpment Shadows - oil on panel 610 mm x 455 mm


Still Life with Lilies is something of a departure from my usual style, being more detailed and representational. In the end I’m very happy with the result. 



Still Life with Lilies - oil on canvas 505 mm x 505 mm

The Reader is a mixed media work, including collage, charcoal as well as watercolour. When doing Sktchy portraits I experiment a lot with different media, finding it a good way to loosen up and try new tools. I like this portrait with a matt and frame - it looks complete and takes on a new gravitas. 



The Reader - mixed media on paper 435 mm x 335 mm










No comments:

Post a Comment