Wednesday 29 November 2017

Bricks and mortar versus Online shopping - I know which I would choose...

We become accustomed to buying almost everything online. There are self-service checkouts at the supermarket. We become used to the lack of the personal touch, the direct contact; the face to face conversations. Personally, if there is a choice, I opt for the person at the checkout any day rather than the self-serve option - I like to think I’m helping a real person keep their job and besides, I love to chat to people. 

Recently, it was with delight that I discovered a local Brisbane store stocking pens, ink, notebooks and lots more. Bookbinders 1355 Gympie Road, stock a wide range of goods for the stationery aficionados. 

Travelers Notebooks, in particular, have an almost cult following world wide. Originally called the Midori Travelers Notebook, now more simply, the Travelers Notebook, the TN comprises a leather cover, with Midori paper inserts held together with an elastic closure. I have always loved fountain pens, consequently I delight in the return to popularity of pens, good paper and the recording of ideas in a  real book. 


This coming Sunday, 3rd December the store is holding a Travelers Notebook meetup.  There's more information if you click the link to the Event page on Facebook.

I’m pleased to be part of the meetup - the lovely people at Bookbinders have asked me to come and play. I’ll be sharing tips for sketching using ink and watercolour - and of course, I’ll be using fountain pens and a Travelers Notebook. 











No comments:

Post a Comment