Wednesday 11 March 2015

Serendipity

Serendipity is making desirable discoveries by accident; a pleasant surprise; whatever you want to call it - don't you just love it when something that you have been thinking or talking about pops up at the right moment?

Soon after I posted So what about your Inner Critic, the most wonderful post arrived in my inbox. I have been inspired by Catherine Drea's photography for some time now. She lives in Ireland and has been awarded Irish Blog award for Best Photography blog for 2013 and 2014 photographer. If ever I need to be uplifted, I visit her blog Foxglove Lane

When I started reading 10 Tips in Contemplative Photography practice I thought: This relates so much to what I was talking about in the Inner Critic post - and written so eloquently. 

Catherine has kindly allowed me to talk about her post and link it here. Please read this - and if you are a painter rather than a photographer just think in terms of a sketchbook instead of a camera. (Although taking a contemplative photographic approach to finding painting inspiration would be a good idea as well.)

I'm just going to list the tips here but please, please read the full post - the advice is so relevant. You’ll love the photography too…



.And special thanks to my friend and fellow artist, Jennie Castle who introduced me to Foxglove Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment