Monday 26 November 2012

High Tea - and fundraising


Yesterday was seriously decadent. I joined my daughter and her friends for High Tea at a local café - French & mor. Fragrant tea and delicious treats were the order of the day. We had great fun playing Secret Santa, swopping gifts - one of which was a much coveted African Violet.

Indulgent as the morning was, there was a serious side to the celebration. We all attended Tricia’s Girls Night In at the end of October, a Cancer Council fundraiser. 

The High Tea was donated as a prize by French & mor. The girls were successful to have the winning bid the night of the auction. In total the event was a huge success, raising over $16,000 for Cancer Council Queensland, which is truly amazing.

Of course I had to do a drawing....



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success. From your FB photos it looked like a royal event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch and I see you got the coveted violets in too!
    Wonderful how well the fund raiser did. Ours did here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen and Julie - it was such fun and good to know that the auction cash went to,a good cause. I'm hoping to take a cutting and grow my own violet - my daughter got it in the end!

    ReplyDelete