Wednesday 19 September 2012

One Hundred Posts



It's taken me a while to get there but this post marks the 100th since I started this blog. 



                           Work in Progress Detail: Nymphea - oil on canvas - Carol Lee Beckx ©2012 



In the intervening time I have:

  • Sold and packed up a house 
  • Sold my share of a family business
  • Bade farewell to family and friends
  • Moved continents - South Africa to Australia
  • Discovered many inspiring blogs and made virtual friends worldwide
  • Moved into my new home
  • Set up my studio
  • Started art classes
  • Built and planted a garden (with help from my kind son-in-law)
  • Learnt to swop some words i.e. "jumper" instead of "jersey" and  some new expressions  "no worries, mate"
  • Painted a number of paintings 
  • Won a few prizes 
  • Set up an Etsy site and made a sale
  • Made so many new friends - and this is the part that really makes me feel at home. 
Thank you, Australia for the warm welcome.


The image is a work in progress. I started this painting shortly before I received the Paris commission. 

It's been great fun to splash out in full colour. 

4 comments:

  1. That is quite a list and love your image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, when I started the list it became hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100.
    Reading your list made my head spin and I am in complete awe. I hope you are proud of yourself because you certainly should be.

    Love the colors in this painting Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After writing the post I did feel a little exhausted... and I am quite proud of what I've achieved.
      It's good to make a list like this when you feel impatient or if you feel you haven't done all that you want to.

      Delete