Sunday, 2 September 2012

Milestones - two years on

The first post for Art Matters was written two years ago. I have come a long way literally and figuratively since then. Two years ago when I wrote A New Beginning and Deciding to Move, I was in the process of emigrating to Australia. 

This December I will have been here for two years. The process  began back in May 2008 and at times it has been really difficult. Leaving family, friends and the known for a venture in a new country is a daunting prospect. In spite of the difficulties I have no doubt that it was the best decision. I am doing what I love every day and for that I am so grateful.

The Paris commission is almost complete. It has been so rewarding to research the project and bring it to fruition.

Here’s another detail from the painting - all will be revealed soon…