- Vintage Soul - Group Exhibition
- Redcliffe Art Society Members Exhibition: First Prize - Abstract; Commended - Still Life
- Samford Show:2 x First Prize and a Highly Commended
- Arts Alliance Pine Rivers: Highly Commended - Landscape
- Eckersleys' Creative Canvas - "Grey, Silver & Lime" - Winner
The Workshop component of my teaching was extremely fulfilling with the following topics covered:
- Discover Drawing;
- Colour - going back to basics;
- Abstract Art;
- Line & Colour with Derwent
2012 has been a very good year for commissioned paintings:
|Memory Wall - oil on canvas - 40 x 8" x 8"|
|Paris - Deja Bru Cafe - acrylic on linen - 3 x 144" x 144"|
|Pink Roses with Mirrors - oil on canvas - 1000mm x 1000mm|
Now that my teaching studio has become more established, I can turn to my personal creative development. Drawing has become part of my artistic practice. I intend using my journals to experiment with mixed media and develop new ways to express ideas and themes that are important to me.
Moving out of the studio is something I would like to do. I need to plan how and where to paint so that is first on my list. Initially, with the heat of Brisbane summer at its highest, I might need to search out a couple of cooler places! (But at least I don't have to contend with snow!)
To my readers in all parts of the world - thank you for visiting Art Matters, it's so encouraging to see the number of visitors growing.
My wish for you this coming year is that you will have happy times with family and friends, good health, and may the creative muse remain by your side all year long...