Monday 17 June 2019

Hooray! You’ve got sales!



This is the very best kind of email to receive - one telling you that you have made some sales. In this case, I had sold some copies of my book Colour - A Practical Approach. I self-published the book through Blurb towards the end of last year. Sales that happen while you sleep, are the best kind of sales to make, having done all the hard work previously. Although to be honest, for the sales to happen “while sleeping” one needs to do a fair amount of marketing while you’re awake!

And now that’s exactly what I am doing here - a little shameless self promotion. 

The book is available in a couple of formats. The most cost effective is, of course, the eBook which doesn’t involve hefty postage. (Believe me, I know all too well how the impulse to buy something online is quickly quashed when one checks the shipping fee!) 
The downside of a digital copy is that it’s not as easy to make notes on, and I confess to be very fond of a proper printed book. We work with screens all day long so it is pleasant to hold a book. When reading at night in bed it helps when you fall asleep and the book falls on to the floor!

Colour - A Practical Approach 8" x 10" is available in both Hardcover with cover design printed on the cover and Softcover with a flexible High gloss laminated cover. Here are the links to Blurb where you are able to order a copy or download the eBook:

Hard and soft cover Preview
eBook 

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the printing. The book measures 8” x 10which is a good size to read and work with. 

I chose the standard white uncoated 105 gsm paper which is of a high quality but still economical. The colour reproductions are very good indeed and true to the original colours in my paintings and illustrations. 





The Contents page of Colour - A Practical Approach 



If you already have a copy of my book, thank you very much for your support. I would love to have some feedback. A review would be most welcome.

I enjoyed writing the book so much and have already been mulling over some ideas for another one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment