Monday 1 May 2017

Sktchy 30 - 30 sketches 30 days

There's satisfaction in meeting a challenge; in taking on something and seeing it through to the end. I have successfully completed Sktchy30 - 30 days, 30 sketches. Some days it's been a struggle to complete a sketch, with the post going up only at the end of the day. On two days I failed to post so the next day I did two to catch up. I've taken a few shortcuts, there have been the odd quick 10 minute sketch and on one occasion I used the quick sketch and did a little digital manipulation for the next day's post.

 
Rowan Atkinson as Maigret - brush pen on Tan Strahmore

I have explored the use of toned paper, a surface I've seldom used - and have begun to enjoy the results. I particularly like gouache and charcoal on this coloured paper.  
I've done more drawing with coloured pencils, and while I do love the meditative state that using this medium encourages, it's way too slow and time consuming for me. 

Now I confess that as the last days of April arrived, I'm rather relieved that the challenge is over. If you have trouble committing to daily drawing, then a challenge is good to get you going and keep you motivated. Generally I do something art related every day - drawing, painting, reading, or preparing for classes in the Studio, yet somehow having to meet a deadline each poses extra pressure. 

Thank you to Sktchy for the inspiring prompts each day and thank you to the Sktchy community of artists for your support and encouragement.
To see my profile and all the portraits on Sktchy please click on this link: 
Carol Lee Beckx on Sktchy


Graphite - Alpha softcover

 
Charcoal and white pastel on Tan Strathmore 
 
Sleeping baby - charcoal and white pastel on Tan Strathmore 

 
Black & white Ink 

 
Maria - Brown ballpoint pen 

Three Friends in a triple portrait - a catch up for a day missed. Ink on Zeta paper 

Isobel and her cats - A quick ink drawing - I loved the triple profile poses of these three...


And a little digital manipulation to the previous day's sketch. 

  
The beautiful Delia - Coloured pencils on Tan toned Strathmore.
 
Tara - Watercolour and gouache on Alpha paper

 
Beautiful Alena - Watercolour and gouache for the lace on Alpha paper

 
Daniel as Spider-Man watercolour and ink on Zeta paper - Sktchy Pick

No comments:

Post a Comment