Nymphea - oil on canvas 910mm x 610mm ©2013 Carol Lee Beckx
This one day workshop will be held at the Hamilton Road Studio on the following dates:
Saturday 24th August;
Thursday 29th August Please note this workshop has been postponed until September - date to be confirmed
Friday 30th August - Fully Booked
9.30am to 3.30pm
$60 for the day.
Morning tea/coffee and Veg soup for lunch will be provided. (If you have any special dietary needs please BYO)
Mastering composition & design is an essential skill for all artists.
The course will include:
- Elements of composition
- How to apply these to your art work
- Format selection
- Notan drawings
- Drawing to scale - enlarging preparatory drawings
Participants are also welcome to bring paintings or drawings for help with composition.
The aim of the workshop is to do a number of smaller compositions, working towards a number of working sketches for future paintings/drawings
- VISUAL ART JOURNAL 200gsm or more to take paint and for notes
- PENCILS e.g.2B and 6B, Eraser; Ruler, set square; Black felt tip pen for Notan drawings
- A selection of any of the following: Coloured pencils; Inktense pencils; watercolour pencils - these will be used to make a number of small colour sketches, Derwent sketching or Graphitint pencils.
- Reference Photographs and /or drawings to use as a basis for the exercises.(I will have some but it’s better to work from your own ideas)
- Tracing paper - a couple of sheets
- White Card +/- 35cm square to make your own “L” shaped angles for cropping images. (I will have some for purchase)