Wednesday, 5 November 2014

More artichokes

Recently I posted a painting of an artichoke along with other flowers on my blog. I was approached by Stillman & Birn, the sketchbook manufacturer, who wanted to feature this painting on their blog. I am honoured to have my sketch acknowledged in this way. 
You can see this post here.


I thought it would be interesting to re-visit previous artichoke drawings and paintings.  
The first one is a miniature  - very fine detail using a tiny brush, most likely 5/0 sable.

Artichokes

Miniature diameter of image 50mm (2 inches)
Dimensions of wooden frame 90mm x 90mm (3.5 in x 3.5 in)


Artichoke - watercolour on Arches paper


This drawing was done using a Noodler’s Konrad Flex pen with Noodler’s #41 Brown ink. The wash has been created using a water brush while the ink was still wet. 

Artichokes watercolour on Arches paper 
Image size 170mm x 120mm 

Artichokes - Framed

And here is the painting that Stillman & Birn featured in their blog post:

Artichoke - ink and watercolour Alpha series Sketchbook

Soon some of these will be available as prints in my Etsy shop. I'll post details here and on Facebook when these are ready.