Bloggers love to get comments - that way we know that someone is out there.
Yes, we can check the stats and see that, yay, someone in Brazil has been visiting, but a comment is just that much more real.
But when faced with the choices on ways to sign in, most take one look and run, fast.
So here are the basics:
- Click on 'comments' at the bottom of the post: (0) comments means you will be the first to comment
- Write your comment - it doesn't have to be nice but nice is good
- Choose an identity
- If you have a google account sign in with that
- If you don't have a google account use your name and email address
- Or you can be anonymous
- Or you can use name/url - if you have a website - then you also get a link to your site
- Then you will have to prove you are a person - squiggly letters
- Then publish your comment
- If it doesn't appear right away it means the blogger wants to check that you have written something nice and once checked will publish the post.